Convergences of the Romanian societal culture with European culture clusters in the process of European integration. The role of intercultural teams management in increasing European cohesion
AbstractThis paper is discussing the issue of European cohesion based on a management approach. It describes the positioning of Romania on the European map of cultures, in order to identify the convergence and divergence of its societal culture with various European cultural clusters. The paper is arguing that: a) European organizations have a major role to play in the process of increasing cohesion within the European Union; b) Organizational Management and leadership are paramount to their success and to society welfare; c) Performant Intercultural Knowledge Management is needed for achieving the most out of European organizations; d) Intercultural teams are one of the most effective ways to reduce the current cohesion-less of EU at individual and organizational level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9476.
Date of creation: 23 Feb 2008
Date of revision:
GLOBE; Romania; European Union; cross-cultural team; cohesion;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aurelian Nicolae BIBU & Aurelian Daniela HAS, 2011. "A Management Model of Intercultural Virtual Work Teams," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(6), pages 83-89, December.
- Daniela HAS, 2012. "Considerations On The Intercultural Management Models Of Work Teams In The Context Of Globalization," CrossCultural Management Journal, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 13-20, November.
- Soponaru Camelia & Bobalca Claudia & Oana Tugulea (Ciobanu), 2013. "Globalization Perspectives In Post-Communist Romania," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 213-218, August.
- Brancu, Laura & Bibu, Nicolae Aurelian, 2008. "The internationalization Strategies of French Companies in Romania," MPRA Paper 9500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bibu Nicolae Aurelian & Has Daniela, 2010. "Intercultural Work Teams, A Challenge In The New Context Of Romania’S European Integration," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 621-627, July.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2012:i:26:hasd is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.