Income Distribution Policy In The Netherlands: A Paradigm Shift
AbstractThis paper investigates which different views have occurred on the main lines of the Dutch incomes policy. To this end the implications of the incomes policies pursued by different cabinets have been analyzed, mainly since 1973. It appears that distributive policies are heavily influenced by a paradigm shift. In the 1970s, the Dutch government replaced its keynesian oriented economic policy making with a neoclassical framework. As a result, the government not only moved from an interventionist approach in the 1970s to a restrained attitude in the 1980s and 1990s, but also altered the institutional framework of its distributive policies by abolishing a number of policy instruments that had been created to influence the size distribution of incomes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5884.
Date of creation: Jul 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Public Administration 7.22(1999): pp. 1115-1136
Incomes policy; Netherlands;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- v an der Hoek, M., 1988. "An Incomes Policy for the Professions: the Dutch Experience," MPRA Paper 6120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Champernowne, D G, 1974. "A Comparison of Measures of Inequality of Income Distribution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(336), pages 787-816, December.
- Berndsen, R.J., 1995. "Lastenverlichting en de tariefstructuur van de inkomstenbelasting," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5663457, Tilburg University.
- Ferguson, C E & Nell, Edward J, 1972. "Two Books on the Theory of Income Distribution: A Review Article," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 437-53, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.