A Comparison of Measures of Inequality of Income Distribution
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 84 (1974)
Issue (Month): 336 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alari Paulus, 2004. "Income Inequality and its Decomposition: the Case of Estonia," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, in: Modelling the Economies of the Baltic Sea Region, volume 17, chapter 7, pages 206-235 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees, 2004.
"Are public and private social expenditures complementary?,"
20179, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koen Caminada & Kees Goudswaard, 2005. "Are Public and Private Social Expenditures Complementary?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 175-189, May.
- Amin, Shahina & DaVanzo, Julie, 2004. "The impact of wives' earnings on earnings inequality among married-couple households in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 49-70, February.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2004. "Leaky bucket Paradoxes in income inequality perceptions : an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2004,04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- J.A. Duro, 2004. "Regional Income Inequalities in Europe: An Updated Measurement and Some Decomposition Results," Working Papers wpdea0411, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Saboohi, Y., 2001. "An evaluation of the impact of reducing energy subsidies on living expenses of households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 245-252, February.
- Vicente-Perdiz, Juan & Rubio Sanz, Maria Teresa & Decimavilla Herrero, Esther, 2010. "World’ Growth and Inequalities/Crecimiento mundial y desigualdades," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 485 (14 pÃ¡, Agosto.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Pietro Muliere, 2003. "Welfare indicators: A review and new perspectives. 1. Measurement of inequality," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 457-497.
- Moore, Robert E., 1996. "Ranking income distributions using the Geometric Mean and a related general measure," MPRA Paper 10171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reuter & Ulrich, 2004. "The Effects of Intraregional Disparities on Regional Development in China: Inequality Decomposition and Panel-Data Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 716, Econometric Society.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2005. "Compensating justice beats leaky buckets : an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2005,06, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Shahina Amin & Julie DaVanzo, 2002. "The Impact of Wives' Earnings Inequality among Married-Couple Households in Malaysia," Working Papers 02-09, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Joseph H. Haslag & Daniel J. Slottje, 1989. "Macroeconomic policy and income inequality: an error-correction representation," Research Paper 8909, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2010.
"The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, pre-industrial society: the case of the Cape Colony,"
Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History,
Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 4(3), pages 229-267, October.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, pre-industrial society: The case of the Cape Colony," Working Papers 17/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, preindustrial society: The case of the Cape Colony," Working Papers 134, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Koen Caminada & Kees Goudswaard, 2001.
"International Trends in Income Inequality and Social Policy,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 395-415, August.
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees, 2001. "International trends in income inequality and social policy," MPRA Paper 20181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McKinley L. Blackburn & David E. Bloom, 1987. "The Effects of Technological Change on Earnings and Income Inequality inthe United States," NBER Working Papers 2337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Figini, 1998. "Inequality Measures, Equivalence Scales and Adjustment for Household Size and Composition," Economics Technical Papers 988, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- M. Ghaffar Chaudhry, 1990. "Land Agglomeration under Changing Technology: Some Inferences from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 111-122.
- Corra, Greg S. & Butler, Leslie J. & Cornell, L.D., 1982. "A Note on Measuring Income Instability and Inequality on Australian Sheep Farms," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(01), April.
- Schlör, Holger & Fischer, Wolfgang & Hake, Jürgen-Friedrich, 2013. "Sustainable development, justice and the Atkinson index: Measuring the distributional effects of the German energy transition," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1493-1499.
- van der Hoek, M. Peter, 1999. "Income Distribution Policy In The Netherlands: A Paradigm Shift," MPRA Paper 5884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.