Quarterisation of national income accounts of Pakistan
AbstractArby (2008) quarterised the production side of annual GDP, and its subsectors, for 1972 to 2005 based on constant prices of 1999-2000 as well as on current prices. This study provides quarterly estimates of (sectoral and overall) gross domestic production in Pakistan during 1999-2000 to 2009-2010 based on constant prices of 1999-2000 as well as on current prices. Seasonality in quarterly gross domestic product in Pakistan mainly arises from agriculture. Furthermore, the study also provides estimates of various components of expenditures side of the GDP for 1972-1973 to 2009-2010 for the first time as far as we know.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45334.
Date of creation: 21 Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Quarterisation; National Income Accounts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- Y10 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Data: Tables and Charts - - - Data: Tables and Charts
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Ali Choudhary & Farooq Pasha, 2013. "The RBC View of Pakistan: A Declaration of Stylized Facts and Essential Models," School of Economics Discussion Papers, School of Economics, University of Surrey 0413, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Javier García-Cicco & Roberto Pancrazi & Martín Uribe, 2006.
"Real Business Cycles in Emerging Countries?,"
NBER Working Papers
12629, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Javier Garcia-Cicco & Roberto Pancrazi & Martin Uribe, 2010. "Real Business Cycles in Emerging Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2510-31, December.
- Arby, Muhammad Farooq, 2008. "Some Issues in the National Income Accounts of Pakistan (Rebasing, Quarterly and Provincial Accounts and Growth Accounting)," MPRA Paper 32048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Arby, Muhammad Farooq & Batool, Irem, 2007. "Estimating Quarterly Gross Fixed Capital Formation," MPRA Paper 4956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed, Shahzad & Pasha, Farooq, 2014. "The Role of Money in Explaining Business Cycles for a Developing Economy: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 55262, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Apr 2014.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.