Posibles indicadores del sector turismo para la autoridad macroprudencial en la Argentina
[Possible tourism indicators for the argentinian macroprudential authority]
AbstractThe term “macroprudential” is usually used in different ways. Sometimes it refers to macroprudential analysis, others to macro-prudential oversight and it also speaks of macroprudential regulation. In this paper, taking into account these concepts, an analysis of what is meant by macroprudential authority, how should it be implemented and should have powers to ensure the stability of the entire financial system is going to be done. Referring to the local economy, the Charter Reform of the Central Bank of Argentina has entered into force. In regard to financial regulation, within the reform, and unlike it was in force since 1992, it aims to not only to monitor, but to implement regulations on the local financial system to avoid the frequent abuses by various entities . To perform the analysis of the implementation of a macroprudential authority in Argentina, it is going to be considered the evolution of a particular sector of the real economy, namely tourism. Finally, a measure of this economic sector, that should to detect potential problems in the financial system, is proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41591.
Date of creation: Aug 2012
Date of revision:
Macroprudential Regulation; Macroprudential Authority; Charter Reform;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-10-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TUR-2012-10-06 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1678, The World Bank.
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.