Global optimization of some difficult benchmark functions by cuckoo-hostco-evolution meta-heuristics
AbstractThis paper proposes a novel method of global optimization based on cuckoo-host co-evaluation. It also develops a Fortran-77 code for the algorithm. The algorithm has been tested on 96 benchmark functions (of which the results of 30 relatively harder problems have been reported). The proposed method is comparable to the Differential Evolution method of global optimization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40615.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2012
Date of revision:
Cuckoo-Host Co-Evolution; Cuckoo Search; Global Optimization; Differential Evolution; Levy flight; Benchmark functions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mishra, Sudhanshu, 2006. "Some new test functions for global optimization and performance of repulsive particle swarm method," MPRA Paper 2718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2006.
"Performance of Differential Evolution and Particle Swarm Methods on Some Relatively Harder Multi-modal Benchmark Functions,"
1743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2006. "Performance of Differential Evolution and Particle Swarm Methods on Some Relatively Harder Multi-modal Benchmark Functions," MPRA Paper 449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Viswanathan, G.M & Bartumeus, F & V. Buldyrev, Sergey & Catalan, J & Fulco, U.L & Havlin, Shlomo & da Luz, M.G.E & Lyra, M.L & Raposo, E.P & Eugene Stanley, H, 2002. "Lévy flight random searches in biological phenomena," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 314(1), pages 208-213.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.