Complessità e metodi di decomposizione nelle teorie della dinamica economica strutturale
[Complexity and methods of decomposition in the theories of structural economic dynamics]
AbstractHerbert Simon (1962) has treated the notion of complexity arguing that hierarchy is clearly an essential feature of complex systems. Yet, Simon states that the systems are not organized in a hierarchy in a simple way, because if they were, would be fully decomposed, while they are "nearly decomposable", implicitly stressing that complex systems are decomposable and indecomposable at the same time, given the non–linear relationships that exist between their elements. This contribution deals with the complexity and decomposition methods in theoretical models of production that analyze the change in economic structure over time. The paper will refer mainly to analytical schemes of input-output by Wassily Leontief, as regards the circular approach, and the analytical schemes of vertical integration of Luigi Pasinetti, as regards the vertical approach, in order to analyze the decomposition methods used in their schemes to study the changes of the structure over time, highlighting the analytical properties, the methodological characteristics, but also the limits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35596.
Date of creation: Oct 2004
Date of revision:
dinamica economica strutturale; complessità; metodi di decomposizione; modelli multisettoriali;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2003. "Teorie circolari e teorie verticali della dinamica economica strutturale: verso uno schema analitico di carattere generale," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0306, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2007. "Theories and models of structural dynamics: an ‘ideal’ general framework ?," MPRA Paper 38256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.