Teorie circolari e teorie verticali della dinamica economica strutturale: verso uno schema analitico di carattere generale
AbstractThis paper argues that the analytical representation of economic structure is a fundamental element in understanding the dynamics of economic systems, even more today in the case of modern economies affected by deep transformations of technological knowledge (the so-called, knowledge-based economies). Starting from the examination of Leontief and Pasinetti model of production, an ideal theory of structural economic dynamics is proposed. The essential features of this “ideal” model are the use of multi-sector models, the adoption of methods of decomposition, the relevance of technical progress, the central role of learning processes, the consideration of uneven growth, the study of normative conditions of equilibrium. This “ideal” model of structural economic dynamics aims to outline a general conceptual framework in which specific theories may be considered as ad hoc analytical structures a linkage between historical facts and theoretical analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC) in its series CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale with number crn0306.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Necchi, 5 (5o piano), 20123 Milano
Web page: http://centridiricerca.unicatt.it/cranec_1800.html?type=Workingpapers
More information through EDIRC
dynamics; multi-sectoral models; technical progress; knowledge-based economies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leontief, Wassily, 1971. "Theoretical Assumptions and Nonobserved Facts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 1-7, March.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2004.
"Complessità e metodi di decomposizione nelle teorie della dinamica economica strutturale
[Complexity and methods of decomposition in the theories of structural economic dynamics]," MPRA Paper 35596, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2005. "Economia della Conoscenza, Dinamica Strutturale e Ruolo delle Istituzioni," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0502, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2005.
"Economia della conoscenza,istituzioni e sviluppo economico
[Knowledge-based economy, institutions and economic development]," MPRA Paper 31492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Valentini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.