Avro Bölgesi Ülkelerindeki Güncel Borç Krizi
[Current Sovereign Debt Crisis in Eurozone Countries]
AbstractThe sovereign debt crisis that deepened within the last three years in particular Eurozone countries makes up one of the major components of the current global economic crisis (2006-2011) which were briefly described in Kibritçioğlu (2011). In this follow-up study, the historical and political origins of the debt crisis in EU countries, such as Ireland, Greece and Portugal, are analyzed with particular reference to the academic discussions during the final forming process of the European Monetary Union and the introduction of the euro as a single currency in the late 1990s. Finally, the study also focuses on EU's (possible/remaining) policy options to solve the ongoing debt crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33528.
Date of creation: 16 Aug 2011
Date of revision: 22 Aug 2011
Global economic crisis; sovereign debt crisis; European Union; Eurozone; Euro;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002.
"ìNew" Views on the Optimum Currency Area Theory: What is EMU Telling US?,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
140, Royal Economic Society.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002. ""New" views on the optimum currency area theory: what is EMU telling us?," Working Paper Series 0138, European Central Bank.
- Scott, Hal S, 1998. "When the Euro Falls Apart," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 207-28, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.