الخيارات وإدارة المخاطر فى أسواق السلع: دعوة لرؤية جديدة
[Options as Islamic Financial Derivative: Thoughts provoking discussion]
AbstractAfter highlighting different views of Islamic scholars on option derivatives, the paper explores a potential role for option derivatives as useful risk management tool in commodity markets, while attuned to Islamic Shariah principles. The author illustrated a model of commodity stock market to show how options can play a role similar to that of insurance of risks in commodity markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30707.
Date of creation: 28 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
options; risk; islamic derivative;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-05-14 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2011-05-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-RMG-2011-05-14 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.