Romanian SME’s sector trough crisis: the effectiveness of government policies and the present situation
AbstractSMEs play a crucial role in modern societies; being regarded as the foundation of a global competitive economy. Entire economic concepts evolved based on the SMEs sector evolution like entrepreneurship, innovation, competitiveness, etc. The current paper is aimed at presenting the current state and role of the SME sector in Romanian economy, in light of the challenges imposed by the global financial and economic crisis and the reaction measures taken (or not taken) by the Romanian authorities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30618.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
financial crisis; government policies; SME’s;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-05-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-05-14 (Entrepreneurship)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caloghirou, Yiannis & Protogerou, Aimilia & Spanos, Yiannis & Papagiannakis, Lefteris, 2004. "Industry-Versus Firm-specific Effects on Performance:: Contrasting SMEs and Large-sized Firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 231-243, April.
- Zsuzsanna K.SZABO, 2011. "The impact of the crisis on the SME sector in Romania-The back-up of innovation and entrepreneurship development," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 90-108, December.
- Luminitaa Nicolescu & Irina Alina Popescu & Ciprian Nicolescu, 2013. "Romanian SMEs During the Crisis: Economic Results and Perceptions," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(1), pages 5-19.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.