The impact of the crisis on the SME sector in Romania-The back-up of innovation and entrepreneurship development
AbstractIt is widely recognized that the economic recovery largely depends on the improvement of the SME sector. In the order to determine the opportunities and to analyze the challenges faced by Romanian SMEs in (post)crises period, the paper presents first a short review of the national economy and the role of the SME sector. The paper presents also the situation of the SME sector after 2008 and a SWOT analysis in order to identify targets for the next period in concordance with the Europe 2020 strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2(42) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
crisis; SME; entrepreneurship; innovation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- L29 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Other
- H12 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Crisis Management
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Visinescu, Sorin & Micuda, Dan, 2011. "Romanian SME’s sector trough crisis: the effectiveness of government policies and the present situation," MPRA Paper 30618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GHEORGHE ZAMAN & Anca CRISTEA, 2011. "EU Structural Funds Absorption in Romania: Obstacles and Issues," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 32(1(41)), pages 60-77, June.
- Vasile, Valentina, 2002. "Demographic Transition and Economic Transition. Interlinking and Parallelism. The Case of Romania," Discussion Paper 65, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Daniela Rodica Silivestru(Popescu), 2012. "Bank Loans And Small Firm Financing In Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(14), pages 15.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.