EU Structural Funds Absorption in Romania: Obstacles and Issues
AbstractRomania’s absorption capacity of EU structural and cohesion funds is based on the degree of implementation of Sectoral Operational Programmes (SOP) 2007-2013 within SOP Environment and plays a central role in view of its complex relationships (horizontal and vertical) with other SOPs.The present paper analyses the absorption capacity of SOPs in Romania, paying a special attention to SOP Environment, which can be considered an important tool for improving eco-efficiency standards and greening the economic growth. The research is focusing on cases and factors of weak absorption of Structural Funds in Romania under the current economic crisis circumstances as well as on some ways of improving the situation in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2011(XXI))
Issue (Month): 1(41) (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Input-absorption capacity of EU financial instruments; causes and obstacles to absorption; net contributors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2009. "Structural Fund Absorption: A New Challenge For Romania?," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 136-154, March.
- Janos Varga and Jan in 't Veld, 2010. "The Potential Impact of EU Cohesion Policy Spending in the 2007-13 Programming Period: A Model-Based," European Economy - Economic Papers 422, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Gheorghe Zaman & George Georgescu, 2010. "Romania’s External Debt Sustainability Under Crisis Circumstances," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 30(1(39)), pages 5-38, June.
- Benedicta Marzinotto, 2011. "A European fund for economic revival in crisis countries," Policy Contributions 504, Bruegel.
- Zsuzsanna K.SZABO, 2011. "The impact of the crisis on the SME sector in Romania-The back-up of innovation and entrepreneurship development," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 90-108, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.