Benoit Mandelbrot (1924 - 2011 ) : A Greek among Romans
AbstractPosthumous tributes to Benoit Mandelbrot (1924-2010) have highlighted his remarkable influence on the natural sciences, from geometry to meteorology, to theories with non-Euclidean spaces and geospatial models approach. Mandelbrot culminates a series of major thinkers going back to classical Greece: a Greek among Romans
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30563.
Date of creation: 28 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in History of Economic Ideas / Fabrizio Serra Editore / Pisa - Roma 1.XIX(2011): pp. 1-13
Mandelbrot; Fractals; Finance; Financial Markets; Epistemology; Thomas Kuhn;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando Estrada, 2010.
"Theory of Argumentation in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 18-22, June.
- Benoit B. Mandelbrot, 2005. "Parallel cartoons of fractal models of finance," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 179-192, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.