Benoit Mandelbrot 1924 -2010: A Greek among Romans
AbstractIn this brief note describes the trajectory of the fractal models / multifractal F / M by Benoit Mandelbrot. The promise was discovered by the geometry of Mandelbrot covers a broad area of research fields, from meteorology and mathematical physics to the individual and collective behavior in society, besides his contributions to the analysis of the financial crisis in his wonderful essay on The (mis) Behavior of Markets. A fractal view of Risk, Ruin and Reward (2004).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25946.
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Benoit Mandelbrot; Fractals; Financial;
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Estrada, 2011. "Benoit Mandelbrot (1924-2010): a Greek among Romans," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 19(1), pages 9-16.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "Benoit Mandelbrot (1924 - 2010): A Greek among Romans," MPRA Paper 29137, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- B32 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Obituaries
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benoit B. Mandelbrot, 2005. "Parallel cartoons of fractal models of finance," Annals of Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 179-192, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.