Determination of Profit and Loss Sharing Ratios in Interest-Free Business Finance
AbstractThis paper discusses how profit and loss sharing ratios will be determined at the micro and micro levels in an interest free system of financing business operating side by side of an interest based conventional financing.It shows that leverage magnification of return on owners' equity is also available under the Islamic financing. It argues that for the bank Islamic finance may be more profitable than conventional financing
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3013.
Date of creation: 1985
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Research in Islamic Economics 1.3(1985): pp. 13-29
Profit sharing; macro level model; mico model; leverage effects; relative profitability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Other
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehri, Meryem & Jouaber, Kaouther, 2012. "A Theory of Profit Sharing Ratio under Adverse Selection: The Case of Islamic Venture Capital," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9551, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012.
"Incentive-compatible sukukmusharkah for private sector funding: Comment,"
41916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Incentive-compatible sukukmusharkah for private sector funding: Comment," MPRA Paper 41873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giorgio Gomel & Angelo Cicogna & Domenico De Falco & Marco Valerio Della Penna & Lorenzo Di Bona De Sarzana & Angela Di Maria & Patrizia Di Natale & Alessandra Freni & Sergio Masciantonio & Giacomo Od, 2010. "Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 73, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008.
"Islamic banks:Profit sharing, equity, leverage lure, and credit control,"
30392, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2008.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008. "Islamic Banks: Profit sharing, equity, leverage lure and credit control," MPRA Paper 11737, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2009. "Profit sharing ratios in mudaraba contract revisited," MPRA Paper 21843, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Hasan, Zubair, 1991. "Comments on Mohsin S. Khan and Abbas Mirakhor, The Financial System and Monetary Policy in an Islamic Economy," MPRA Paper 3183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.