Incentive-compatible sukukmusharkah for private sector funding: Comment
AbstractThis paper is a comment on an article of Abdou Diaw; Obiyathullah Ismath Bacha and Ahsene Lahsusna that appeared in ISRA: International Journal of Islamic Finance,Volume 4, Issue 1, June 2012 under the title 'Incentive-compatible sukukmusharkah for private sector funding' The comment is limited to correcting misinterpretations of some positions taken in Hasan 2002 on profit sharing ratios in mudarabah contracts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41916.
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision:
Islamic finance; profit sharing ratios; mudarabah; sukuk;
Other versions of this item:
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Incentive-compatible sukukmusharkah for private sector funding: Comment," MPRA Paper 41873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bacha, Obiyathulla I., 1997. "Adapting Mudarabah Financing to Contemporary Realities: A Proposed Financing Structure," MPRA Paper 12732, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 1996.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008.
"Islamic Banks: Profit sharing, equity, leverage lure and credit control,"
11737, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008. "Islamic banks:Profit sharing, equity, leverage lure, and credit control," MPRA Paper 30392, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2008.
- Hasan, Zubair, 1985. "Determination of Profit and Loss Sharing Ratios in Interest-Free Business Finance," MPRA Paper 3013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.