The 2003 Merged Model for Vietnam
AbstractThis paper documents the 2003 Merged Model for Vietnam. The initialization and calibration of the model is based on a financial 2003 SAM framework and an auxiliary 2002-3 data set. The recursive nature of the solution of the Merged Model is discussed with reference to the four main sectors of the model, including (i) the goods market and private sector budget, (ii) the government budget, (iii) the money market, and (iv) the balance of payments, and the initialization and solution of individual (exogenous and endogenous) variables is outlined. In addition, the calibration of parameter values is presented and the validity of the calibrated model parameters for the creation of future economic projections is discussed with reference to historical time series data. Similarly, benchmark growth paths for the four (intermediate target) focal variables, including real government consumption, government domestic credit, private domestic credit, and private net foreign debt, are discussed with reference to historical time series data. Accordingly, the current monograph facilitates the future implementation of the Merged Model for Vietnam by going through the main considerations necessary for the implementation of the projection tool, and the subsequent evaluation of the economic projections on the basis of the focal variable growth paths.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29793.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brixen, Peter & Tarp, Finn, 1996. "South Africa: Macroeconomic perspectives for the medium term," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 989-1001, June.
- Tarp, Finn & Arndt, Channing & Jensen, Henning Tarp & Robinson, Sherman & Heltberg, Rasmus, 2002. "Facing the development challenge in Mozambique: an economywide perspective," Research reports 126, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jensen, Henning Tarp & Tarp, Finn, 2006. "A Bank-Fund projection framework with CGE features," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 103-132, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.