SME Access to Credit
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to inform the reader about the access to credit of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in Vietnam based on two SME surveys. Recent evidence from a variety of sources suggests that credit to available to SMEs has increased over the past few years. This is confirmed by the two SME surveys. Fewer firms which applied for credit in 2005 were denied credit as compared to 2002. However, the rapid development of the private sector has also increased demand for credit (especially among the larger SMEs); and it appears that the formal financial sector is just managing to keep track with growth in general. We conclude by discussing these results and formulate a set of policy recommendations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29467.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Vietnam; credit constraints; financial markets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Rand, 2004.
"Credit Constraints and Determinants of the Cost of Capital in Vietnamese Manufacturing,"
05-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- John Rand, 2007. "‘Credit Constraints and Determinants of the Cost of Capital in Vietnamese Manufacturing’," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-13, June.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2008.
"Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 303-350.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2005. "Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp300, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Michelle J. White, 2008. "Bankruptcy: Past Puzzles, Recent Reforms, and the Mortgage Crisis," NBER Working Papers 14549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song Han & Wenli Li, 2007. "Fresh Start or Head Start? The Effects of Filing for Personal Bankruptcy on Work Effort," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 123-152, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.