A Importância da I&D e da Variedade de Capitalismo na Capitalização em Bolsa: Evidência Econométrica das Maiores Empresas Europeias em 2008
[Importance of R&D and Variety of Capitalism in Market Capitalization: Econometric Evidence from the Major European Companies in 2008]
AbstractThe article discusses the factors influencing the market capitalization of a company. Using data on the thousand largest companies in Europe, taken from the 2009 EU Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard, the analysis focuses on the impacts of net sales value of each company, investment in research and development and the number of employees in the valuation of the company in the stock markets. In parallel, there is also tested how the institutional architecture of an economy affects the capitalization of companies in financial markets. The linear regression model estimated suggests the central importance of sales but indicates that the R&D also impacts in the phenomenon studied. Firm size has a negligible explanatory power. There is evidence that companies from liberal market economies have higher growth rates in financial markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27192.
Date of creation: 30 Oct 2010
Date of revision: 30 Oct 2010
Capitalization; R&D; Varieties of Capitalism; Regression Analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno AMABLE (Université Paris I and CEPREMAP) & Yannick LUNG (GREThA-GRES), 2008. "The European Socio-Economic Models of a Knowledge-based society. Main findings and conclusions," Cahiers du GRES, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales 2008-20, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Jean-Philippe BERROU (CED, IFReDE-GRES) & Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (E3i, IFReDE-GRES), 2005. "Diversity of capitalism and Central and Eastern European Countries. A statistical analysis. (In French)," Cahiers du GRES, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales 2005-18, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.