The European Socio-Economic Models of a Knowledge-based society. Main findings and conclusions
AbstractThe paper presents the main results and conclusion of the European project ESEMK (FP6, Priority 7) discussing the variety of capitalism within the European Union (2004-08). In Part 1 is abstracted the methodological framework, articulating the macro levels (diversity of socio-economic models or forms of capitalism), the micro level of firms (productive models) and the meso level (industry or sector). Part 2 analyses the main institutional changes occurring in Europe regarding product market regulation, wage-labour relationships and financialisation. Part 3 concludes that the Lisbon process which will not contribute to the emergence of a European model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2008-20.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
variety of capitalism; European Union; European model; product market regulation; wage labour nexus; financialisation; sectorial analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pinto, Hugo, 2010.
"Knowledge Production in European Union: Evidence from a National Level Panel Data,"
27283, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Dec 2010.
- Hugo Pinto, 2011. "Knowledge Production in European Union: Evidence From A National Level Panel Data," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 72-87, December.
- Gonçalves, Vitor & Pinto, Hugo, 2010.
"A Importância da I&D e da Variedade de Capitalismo na Capitalização em Bolsa: Evidência Econométrica das Maiores Empresas Europeias em 2008
[Importance of R&D and Variety of Capitalism in Mark," MPRA Paper 27192, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Oct 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.