ABC Analysis in an Internet Shop: A New Set of Criteria
AbstractThis article presents a model of ABC analysis tailored for internet shops. The standard set of criteria is expanded to cover e-commerce specific characteristics, such as the number of product views, search engine rankings and product links via a recommendation system..The proposed new methodology is applied to real data from an internet bookstore in Poland. A comparison with the results of a standard, not internet-oriented ABC analysis shows the advantage of using the new set of criteria.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26280.
Date of creation: 28 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
ABC analysis; internet shop; inventory control;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2010-11-06 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MKT-2010-11-06 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhou, Peng & Fan, Liwei, 2007. "A note on multi-criteria ABC inventory classification using weighted linear optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(3), pages 1488-1491, November.
- Bailey, Joseph P. & Rabinovich, Elliot, 2006. "The adoption of inventory postponement and speculation: An empirical assessment of oligopolistic Internet retailers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 258-271, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.