Prospects of liberalization for S&T policies in Russia: institutional analysis
AbstractThe objective of the paper is to define the trajectory of economic institutional reforms in Russia as a framework of S&T policies. The methodology of this research is based upon the institutional matrices theory (Кирдина, 2001; Kirdina, 2003). The hypothesis claims that the “institutional nature” of Russia defines its prospects of liberalization and needs the active implementation of liberal market institutions policy only within a framework of modernization of redistributive state economic system. Modern S&T policy in Russia demonstrates the implications of such kind of development. The new institutional form of State Corporation that is non-profit organization under government regulation has been widely developed for last 3 years. The main sphere of State Corporations activity is high-tech development. The share of State Corporations in the state budget is more than 20% and it is constantly increasing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23270.
Date of creation: 24 May 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Sociology of Science and Technology 2.1(2010): pp. 10-28
institutional matrices theory; X- and Y-economies; Russia; state regulation; S&T policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2010-06-18 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-REG-2010-06-18 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRA-2010-06-18 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svetlana Kirdina, 2012.
"From Marxian School Of Economic Thought To System Paradigm In Economic Studies: The Institutional Matrices Theory,"
Montenegrin Journal of Economics,
Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(2), pages 53-71.
- Kirdina, Svetlana, 2012. "From Marxian school of economic thought to system paradigm in economic studies: the institutional matrices theory," MPRA Paper 42998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirdina, Svetlana, 2012. "A shift in the prevailing institutional models of the global order:is a new cycle starting?," MPRA Paper 42999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svetlana Kirdina, 2013. "Economic Policy For Real Sector And R&D Financing: Basic Institutional Models," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 9(4), pages 39-52.
- Gregory Sandstrom, 2012. "Instead Of Capitalism Vs. Socialism: A Proportion-Seeking Review Of Two Contemporary Approaches In China And Russia," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(4), pages 43-60.
- Yury I. Alexandrov & Svetlana G. Kirdina, 2013. "Toward Integration Of Social Mental And Institutional Models: Systemic Approach," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 9(1), pages 7-16.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.