The Evolution of Kаzakhstan's Position on Relations with Russia in 1991-2010
AbstractThe paper is focused on the official Kazakhstani position towards Russia and its development over 1991-2000, i.e. the two post-Soviet decades. We draw upon speeches by the representatives of the state, most importantly by Kazakhstan president Nursultan Nazarbayev, and the intergovernmental acts. The paper provides substantive analysis and structurisation of the evolution of the Kazakhstani official position towards relations with Russia. It also provides various aspects of interpretation of this process, as we set the rhetoric against the economic cycles and exogenous events.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22187.
Date of creation: Mar 2010
Date of revision:
Kazakhstan; Russia; CIS; foreign policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2010-05-02 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HIS-2010-05-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRA-2010-05-02 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Libman, Alexander & Vinokurov, Evgeny, 2010.
"Is it really different? Patterns of regionalization in the post-Soviet Central Asia,"
21062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Libman, Alexander & Vinokurov, Evgeny, 2010. "Is it really different? Patterns of regionalisation in the post-Soviet Central Asia," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 155, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Kurmanalieva, E. & Vinokurov, E., 2011. "International Capital Flows in the CIS Countries," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 11, pages 149-153.
- Libman, Alexander & Vinokurov, Evgeny, 2010. "Holding together regionalism and the interaction of functional bureaucracies," MPRA Paper 23217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tuðçe Varol Sevim, 2013. "Importance of TANAP in Competition Between Russia and Central Asia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 352 - 359.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.