Information, unternehmensinterne Kommunikation und Risikopolitik
[Information, intra-firm communication and risk policy]
AbstractBased upon the foundations of mean-variance decision-making theory, we demonstrate that a change in the risk situation of an international enterprise open currency position does not inevitably require a corresponding hedging accommodation. Given a new risk situation, whether a revision of the hedging-strategy is appropriate will depend upon the elasticity of risk aversion. The elasticity of risk aversion is a decisive indicator; however, it is rarely scrutinized in the literature. In addition, our analysis illustrates the cost saving advantages of the applied (μ,σ)-principal compared to the Bernoulli-principal for information procurement processes. Applying the (μ,σ)-principal facilitates and enhances firm-internal communication information levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21731.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Exchange rate risk; international trade; hedging; information;
Other versions of this item:
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, B. Michael & Wahl, Jack E., 2003. "Information, unternehmensinterne Kommunikation und Risikopolitik," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/03, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wagener, Andreas, 2002. "Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 229-235, January.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 2001. "Globalisation, multinational enterprises and European integration," MPRA Paper 17972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 2001. "Mean-Variance Preferences and Investor Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 849-61, October.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1980. "Ã–konomische Entscheidungen bei UngewiÃŸheit," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, edition 1, number urn:isbn:9783169427024, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.