R-estimation for ARMA models
AbstractThis paper is devoted to the R-estimation problem for the parameter of a stationary ARMA model. The asymptotic uniform linearity of a suitable vector of rank statistics leads to the asymptotic normality of √n-consistent R-estimates resulting from the minimization of the norm of this vector. By using a discretized √n-consistent preliminary estimate, we construct a new class of one-step R-estimators. We compute the asymptotic relative efficiency of the proposed estimators with respect to the LS estimator. Efficiency properties are investigated via a Monte-Carlo study in the particular case of an AR(1) model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21167.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
R-estimation; ARMA models; local asymptotic normality; asymptotic linearity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hallin, M. & Puri, L.M., 1992.
"Aligned Rank tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms,"
9202, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- Hallin, M. & Puri, M. L., 1994. "Aligned Rank Tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 175-237, August.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan L. Puri, 1985.
"Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/2003, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan L. Puri, 1984. "Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2167, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin, 1994. "On the Pitman nonadmissibility of correlogram-based time series methods," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2049, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hallin, Marc & Swan, Yvik & Verdebout, Thomas & Veredas, David, 2013. "One-step R-estimation in linear models with stable errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 195-204.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.