Agro-based Industry of Tharparkar and Barrage Area of Sindh: Solutions and Suggested Policy
AbstractIn this study solutions and suggested policy of agro-based industry of Tharparkar and barrage area of Sindh are given, and it is tenth chapter of the Ph.D submitted in 2002. Purpose of the study was to give the complete picture of solutions and recommendations. On the completion of this study and in the light of conclusions drawn it has been observed that to further develop agro-based industries in Thar and Barrage areas, it is necessary for the Government of Sindh to take steps for local organization and indigenous knowledge and leadership. The awareness of rangeland and livestock by the local organizations will help in the enhancement of all other agro-based industries. The development of agro-based industries in Thar will boost Sindh’s industrial economy. In order to alleviate poverty, it is also necessary that people be trained in the ways and means to develop their physical assets (land and livestock). In this way poverty will fall about 55 percent. For the development of Thar’s agro-based industries two formulas are suggested as bellow: A. Alleviation of poverty = Local Organizations + Livestock; B. Development of Thar = Local Organizations + Livestock + Roads + Electricity. For the achievement of purpose Proposed Immediate Measures, Medium and Long Term Measures should be taken.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16066.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Solutions and Suggested Policy; Tharparkar; Barrage Area of Sindh; Agro-Based Industry; livestock;
Other versions of this item:
- Herani, Gobind M., 2008. "Agro-based industry of Tharparkar and barrage area of Sindh: Solutions and suggested policy," MPRA Paper 12143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010.
"Microfinance And self-help finance system to reduce poverty from Pakistan: an it-based solution,"
35629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani, 2010. "Microfinance And Self-Help Finance System To Reduce Poverty From Pakistan: An It-Based Solution," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 4(1), pages 57-63, December.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010. "Microfinance and Self-Help Finance System to Reduce Poverty from Pakistan: An It-Based Solution," MPRA Paper 21264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.