Iowa’s Historic Preservation and Cultural and Entertainment District Tax Credit Program Evaluation Study
AbstractExecutive Summary: Iowa introduced the Historic Preservation and Cultural and Entertainment District (HPCED) Tax Credit Program in 2000. The program allows property owners or developers to claim tax credits equal to 25 percent of qualified rehabilitation costs for eligible historic properties in Iowa. In tax year 2002, the tax credit was made transferable and refundable at a discounted amount. In tax year 2005, the cap of the tax credit was increased to $6.5 million per year. In tax year 2007, the cap of the tax credit was increased to $10 million for fiscal year 2008, $15 million for fiscal year 2009, and $20 million for fiscal year 2010 and subsequent years. In addition, the tax credit was made fully refundable in 2007. The major findings of the study are:...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14794.
Date of creation: 30 Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Investment Tax Credit; Tax Policy; State and Local Governement; Public Subsidy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- R33 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Nonagricultural and Nonresidential Real Estate Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-04-25 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-04-25 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-04-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dietzenbacher,Erik & Lahr,Michael L. (ed.), 2004. "Wassily Leontief and Input-Output Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521832380.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.