Financial social accounting matrix: concepts, constructions and theoretical framework
AbstractA Social Accounting Matrix (hereafter, SAM) is a particular tool to represent that whole economic activities incomes and expenditures flows accounts through a socio-economic system, which captures the transactions and transfers between all economic agents and institutions in the system. During the last two decades, the financial market are well developed and significantly impacts the economic growth, it will be more worthy to move from a real SAM to a Financial SAM, containing the details of the financial institutions and transaction of agents’ assets and liabilities. Therefore, this paper will discuss the outlines and constructions framework for the aggregate Financial SAM. The understanding of the structure of Financial SAM can be a database for a financial Computed General Equilibrium (CGE) model and can be used to analyze the behavior of national’s public debt.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14641.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
SOCIAL ACCOUNTING MATRIX (SAM); FINANCIAL; FLOW-OF-FUNDS;
Other versions of this item:
- Wong, Kai Seng Kelly & M., Azali & Lee, Chin, 2009. "Financial Social Accounting Matrix: Concepts, Constructions and Theoretical Framework," MPRA Paper 14757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keuning, Steven J & de Ruijter, Willem A, 1988. "Guidelines to the Construction of a Social Accounting Matrix," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 71-100, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.