Solving The Poverty Crisis In Nigeria: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach
AbstractPERHAPS, POVERTY AND PLENTY IS THE WORLD'S GREATEST CHALLENGE. THIS STUDY THEREFORE PROPOSE AN APPLIED(COMPUTABLE)GENERAL EQUILIBRIUM APPROACH, THAT IS A RENEW ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM OF POVERTY , EMPLOYMENT AND INEQUALITY THAT EARLIER STRATEGIES FOCUSING ON RAPID GROWTH WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE. USING NIGERIA AS A CASE STUDY, WE PERFORM THE SPECIFICATION, ESTIMATION AND CALIBRATION OF A POVERTY-BASED MODEL WITHIN DATA FRAMEWORK OF SOCIAL ACCOUNTING MATRIX(SAM). THE RESEARCH OUTPUT IS EXPECTED TO BE THE POLICY RESPONSE TO THE ENVISAGED COMPLEX HUMANITARIAN EMERGENCIES(CHEs) FACING POOR COUNTREIS SUCH AS NIGERIA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Computational Economics with number 0312003.
Date of creation: 26 Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on win98; to print on hp;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
POVERTY; APPLIED GENERAL EQUILIBRIUM MODEL; SOCIAL ACCOUNTING MATRICE; NIGERIAN ECONOMY; EMPLOYMENT; INEQUALITY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2004-01-05 (Education)
- NEP-MIC-2004-01-05 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keuning, Steven J & de Ruijter, Willem A, 1988. "Guidelines to the Construction of a Social Accounting Matrix," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Ajakaiye, D.O., 1999. "Macroeconomic Effects of VAT in Nigeria: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 92, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Dr. Godwin Chukwudum Nwaobi, 2004. "Corruption And Bribery In The Nigerian Economy: An Empirical Investigation," Public Economics 0404006, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.