SOCSol4L An improved MATLAB package for approximating the solution to a continuous-time stochastic optimal control problem
AbstractComputing the solution to a stochastic optimal control problem is difficult. A method of approximating a solution to a given stochastic optimal control problem using Markov chains was developed in . This paper describes a suite of MATLAB functions implementing this method of approximating a solution to a given continuous stochastic optimal control problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1179.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Computational techniques; Economic software; Computational methods in stochastic optimal control; Computational economics; Approximating Markov decision chains;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacek B. Krawczyk & Alistair Windsor, 1997. "An Approximated Solution to Continuous-Time Stochastic Optimal Control Problems Through Markov Decision Chains," Computational Economics, EconWPA 9710001, EconWPA.
- Foster, Jarred & Krawczyk, Jacek B, 2013. "Sensitivity of cautious-relaxed investment policies to target variation," Working Paper Series, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance 2972, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Krawczyk, Jacek & Azzato, Jeffrey, 2006. "NISOCSol an algorithm for approximating Markovian equilibria in dynamic games with coupled-constraints," MPRA Paper 1195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foster, Jarred, 2011. "Target variation in a loss avoiding pension fund problem," MPRA Paper 36177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azzato, Jeffrey D. & Krawczyk, Jacek, 2007. "Using a finite horizon numerical optimisation method for a periodic optimal control problem," MPRA Paper 2298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krawczyk, Jacek B & Pharo, Alastair S, 2014. "InfsocSol3: An updated MATLAB® package for approximating the solution to a continuous-time infinite horizon stochastic optimal control problem," Working Paper Series, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance 3412, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.