Selbständige und ihre Altersvorsorge: Sozialpolitischer Handlungsbedarf?
AbstractOne of the characteristics of the structural development in the Federal Republic of Germany is the increase of self-employment. In contrary to the regulations for dependent employees, a large part of self-employed persons are not included in the social security system. Social security insurances for self-employed only exist as exceptions. Therefore, the increase of selfemployment without social security may cause problems within the social security system. Our analysis shows that at present the data base is insufficient for statements about old-age security of self-employed. Nevertheless, it becomes clear that most of the self-employed are not included within the obligatory system of old-age security and that the existing structures are heterogeneous.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1127.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Fachinger, Uwe & Oelschläger, Angelika, 2000. "Selbständige und ihre Altersvorsorge: Sozialpolitischer Handlungsbedarf?," Working papers of the ZeS 03/2000, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus-Dietrich Bedau, 1999. "Zur Einkommenslage in den freien Berufen," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(2), pages 51-60.
- Wolfgang Ruppert, 1997. "Ungünstige Bedingungen für die betriebliche Altersversorgung," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 50(28), pages 10-19, October.
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Schmidt, Claudia, 2006. "Own-account workers in Europe: flexible, mobile, and often inadequately insured," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-122, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Schmidt, Claudia, 2005. "Mobilität der Solo-Selbständigen im europäischen Vergleich (The employment status mobility of the solo-self-employed and their social protection in a European comparison)," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 38(4), pages 531-553.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:38:i:4:p:531-553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin, 2007. "Self-employment and social risk management: comparing Germany and the United Kingdom," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2007-103, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin, 2006. "Die soziale Sicherung von selbstständig Erwerbstätigen in Deutschland," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-107, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.