Insurance Industry In Eritrea - Achievements And Challenges
AbstractThe industrial revolution led to the birth of different types of insurance systems. Insurance business emerged and developed in Eritrea during the Italian period. The insurance industry in Eritrea has been huge profits from its inception in 1992. In spite of the consistent profits by the insurance, the Government privatised it recently due the policy and revenue requirements. An attempt is made in this paper to discuss the background of the insurance and it evolution and development. This paper focuses on achievements and challenges of Eritrean insurance industry after independence. The paper attempts to synthesise diverse viewpoints, protect confidentiality and offer insights into the ever-changing insurance environment in Eritrea.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10762.
Date of creation: Feb 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Osmania Journal of International Business Studies 1.2(2007): pp. 140-146
Eritrea; Insurance Industry; challenges and achievements;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Arnaldo MAURI, 2003. "Eritrea's early stages in monetary and banking development," Departmental Working Papers 2003-28, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Ravinder Rena, 2005. "Challenges for Food Security in Eritrea: A Descriptive and Qualitative Analysis," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 17(2), pages 193-212.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Challenges for Food Security in Eritrea -- A Descriptive and Qualitative Analysis," MPRA Paper 10312, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Feb 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.