Lines of monetary transmission optimization under conditions of transition economy
AbstractAn essential condition of the effectiveness of price-stability-based monetary regime is availability of an efficient mechanism for transmission of monetary policy impulses to the real sector of economy. Characteristic of the economy of Ukraine, the same as many other transition economies is the existence of institutional and structural factors that reduce the effectiveness of monetary transmission mechanism. This paper discusses the above mentioned factors and measures aimed to strengthen the efficiency of transmission mechanism of monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10102.
Date of creation: May 2008
Date of revision:
monetary policy; monetary transmission mechanism; transition economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-08-31 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-08-31 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-08-31 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-08-31 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balazs Egert & Ronald MacDonald, 2006.
"Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Transition Economies: Surveying the Surveyable,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1739, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2006. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Transition Economies: Surveying the Surveyable," MNB Working Papers 2006/5, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Andrew Berg & Eduardo Borensztein, 2000.
"The Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Monetary Target in Highly Dollarized Economies,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 285-324, November.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Andrew Berg, 2000. "The Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Monetary Target in Highly Dollarized Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Georgy Ganev & Krisztina Molnar & Krzysztof Rybinski & Przemyslaw Wozniak, 2002. "Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy in Centraland Eastern Europe," CASE Network Reports 0052, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Katerina Smidkova, 2004. "The transmission mechanism of monetary policy at the beginning of the third millennium," Macroeconomics 0403012, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.