Can Insurance Companies Control their Financial Stability? Practical Solutions
AbstractTaking into account the actual economic situation of the world with numerous financial crisis, the insurance companies should control their financial stability in order to avoid the insolvency or even bankruptcy state. Thus, the insurers should find the adequate methods of substantiating the premium installments, the adequate ways of attracting insurances in order to achieve the right structure of the portfolio and the desired level of financial stability within the company. The present paper proposes mathematical calculation, through which different solution may be given in order to optimize insurance portfolio, determining thus its adequate structure to a certain level of stability planned by the company. The result of elaborated studies and analysis represents an useful instrument for the insured persons, being able to choose the right type of insurance, resting on its comparisons, analysis and conclusions, and for the insurance companies, being meant to improve their subscription and investment activity, as well as the financial stability. The mathematical calculation shown within this paper may be applied in practice and improved.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10052.
Date of creation: 15 Aug 2008
Date of revision:
insurance; financial stability; optimize subscription portfolio; mathematical calculation;
Other versions of this item:
- Cristea, Mirela, 2008. "Can Insurance Companies Control their financial stability? Practical Solutions," MPRA Paper 10067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Schubert & Gundula Grie�mann, 2007. "German Proposal for a Standard Approach for Solvency II," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 133-150, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.