Il gioco pubblico in Italia fra tradizione e innovazione: aspetti economici e di marketing
AbstractIn recent years there has been a substantial increase in the Italian gambling market and we have witnessed major changes in the taxation and regulation of gambling, as well as the introduction of new technological supports (e.g. the internet, mobile and fixed telephony, dedicated TV channels, new generation gaming machines). Together with the entrance of new suppliers and the widening of the product portfolio, these factors have induced a deep renewal of the industrial and supply structure for these services. This paper offers some reflections on the challenges that this important sector of the national economy faces today.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy in its series Discussion Papers with number 2011/115.
Date of creation: 05 Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Gambling; Online gambling; Gambling taxation; Product innovation.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M38 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.