Musings on the Cass Trick
AbstractThis is a leisurely introduction, in the vein of a piece in the history of science, to belated publication of my well-known paper on incomplete Markets, Competitive Equilibrium with Incomplete Financial Markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania in its series PIER Working Paper Archive with number 06-011.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jun 2006
Date of revision:
financial equilibrium; incomplete markets; Cass trick;
Other versions of this item:
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-17 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HPE-2006-06-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cass, David & Pavlova, Anna, 2004.
"On trees and logs,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 41-83, May.
- Cass, David & Pavlova, Anna, 2003. "On Trees And Logs," Working papers 4233-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pavlova, Anna & Cass, David, 2002. "On Trees and Logs," Working papers 4233-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- David Cass & Anna Pavlova, . "On Trees and Logs," Penn CARESS Working Papers e046baf19b9659b668c46a5f9, Penn Economics Department.
- David Cass & Anna Pavlova, . "On Trees and Logs," CARESS Working Papres 00-01, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- John Geanakoplos & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1985.
"Real Indeterminacy with Financial Assets,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
770R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 1985.
- Werner, Jan, 1985. "Equilibrium in economies with incomplete financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-119, June.
- John Geanakoplos, 1997. "An Introduction to General Equilibrium with Incomplete Asset Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1115, David K. Levine.
- Geanakoplos, John, 1990. "An introduction to general equilibrium with incomplete asset markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-38.
- Balasko, Yves & Cass, David, 1989. "The Structure of Financial Equilibrium with Exogenous Yields: The Case of Incomplete Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 135-62, January.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2009.
"More hedging instruments may destabilize markets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1912-1928, November.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2006. "More hedging instruments may destabilize markets," CeNDEF Working Papers 06-12, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- William Brock & Cars Hommes & Florian Wagener, 2006. "More Hedging Instruments may destablize Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-080/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 30 Apr 2008.
- Florian Wagener & Cars Hommes & William Brock, 2006. "More hedging instruments may destabilize markets," Working Papers wp06-11, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2010.
"Competitive equilibria in semi-algebraic economies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 301-330, January.
- Felix Kuber & Karl Schmedders, 2007. "Competitive Equilibria in Semi-Algebraic Economies," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.