Regional Cumulation Facility Under Ec-Gsp:Strategic Response From Short And Medium Term Perspectives
AbstractIn the recent past, the issue of whether Bangladesh should take advantage of the EU-GSP under the regional cumulation (RC) facilities has emerged as a highly contentious one. The interests of the influential export-oriented RMG sector and the emerging textile industries appear to be in direct and immediate conflict over this particular policy choice. Since the matter is related to the strategic interest of the country’s apparel exports in the medium and long-term, it calls for a close scrutiny. The paper candidly has done this scrutiny.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) in its series CPD Working Paper with number 9.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2000
Date of revision:
Regional Cumulation; Trade and Globalisation; EC-GSP; RMG; Readymade Garment; Bangladesh;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Debapriya Bhattacharya & Mustafizur Rahman & Ananya Raihan, 2004. "The New Japanese GSP Schemes for LDCs and Bangladesh’s Export Opportunities," CPD Working Paper 44, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Bernhard Herz & Marco Wagner, 2011.
"The Dark Side of the Generalized System of Preferences,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 763-775, 09.
- Herz, Bernhard & Wagner, Marco, 2010. "The dark side of the generalized system of preferences," Working Papers 02/2010, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Syed Abdul Sattar SHAH & Anwar Ali Shah G. SYED & Faiz M. SHAIKH, 2013. "Effects Of Wto On The Textile Industry On Developing Countries," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(6), pages 60-77, July.
- Rune Jansen Hagen & Ottar Mæstad & Arne Wiig, 2003. "Assessing the Economic Gains of Free Market Access for the Least Developed Countries in the QUAD," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 29, pages 3-24.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.