Summary of a Workshop on Global Convergence Scenarios: Structural and Policy Issues
AbstractThis document forms a record of a workshop held on 16 January 2006, aimed at examining the mechanisms underlying cross-country convergence of per capita GDP, to what extent they operate in practice, and the implications for policies, including those requiring plausible long-term projections of economic growth by country or region. The workshop included presentations by leading academics and OECD staff from the Economics Department, the Directorates of the Environment, Science and Technology, and Statistics and the Development Centre. A list of the main participants, and links to their presentations, are given in an Annex. At the end of the workshop, a panel of senior policy advisers discussed the policy implications for OECD countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Economics Department Working Papers with number 483.
Date of creation: 12 May 2006
Date of revision:
growth; institutions; convergence; technology; climate change; structural policy; factor flows; technologie; changement climatique; convergence; mouvements de facteurs de production; politique structurelle; institutions; croissance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Herd & Sean Dougherty, 2007. "Growth Prospects in China and India Compared," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(1), pages 65-89, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.