Acyclic domains of linear orders : a survey
AbstractAmong the many significant contributions of Fishburn to social choice theory some have borne on what he has called “acyclic sets”, i.e. these sets of linear orders where majority rule applies without “Condorcet effect” (majority relation never has cycles). Search for large such domains is a fascinating topic. I review the works in this field and in particular a recent one allowing to show the connections between some of them unrelated up to now.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number b06083.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Acyclic set; alternating scheme; distributive lattice; effet Condorcet; maximal chain; permutoedre lattice; weak Bruhat order; value restriction.;
Other versions of this item:
- Bernard Monjardet, 2009. "Acyclic domains of linear orders: a survey," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00198635, HAL.
- Bernard Monjardet, 2006. "Acyclic domains of linear orders : a survey," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00130205, HAL.
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-02-17 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DCM-2007-02-17 (Discrete Choice Models)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Hudry & Bernard Monjardet, 2010.
"Consensus theories : An oriented survey,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
10057, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Olivier Hudry & Bernard Monjardet, 2010. "Consensus theories: an oriented survey," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00504974, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00119141 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00309825 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.