L?innovazione nel settore informatico in Italia: l?attività di Corporate venture capital del Gruppo Olivetti negli anni Ottanta
AbstractThe present paper focuses on the innovation process in the computer science industry in Italy during the eighties. We choose a representative case study, the Olivetti Group. During the eighties, Olivetti stepped up its growth with international acquisitions, agreements and alliances, as well as a number of venture capital operations. Olivetti was the only Italian company involved in corporate venture capital (CVC), which is an instrument used to foster research and development, especially in the Information and Technology sector. Olivetti's corporate venture program, initiated in 1980, was developed to provide Olivetti a window on emerging technologies and companies, as well as provide potential new sources of business in the US and Europe
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 2006-36.
Date of creation: 21 Nov 2006
Date of revision:
Innovation; Corporate venture capital; Information and Technology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2006-12-01 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INO-2006-12-01 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.