Análisis del entorno nacional e internacional de la economía colombiana en 2007-2008: coyuntura y perspectivas
AbstractThe Colombian Economy grew 7,5% in 2007, the highest growth rate since the 1970's. The traditional productive sectors and the great expansion of domestic aggregate demand have been the main sources of growth. However, the major inflationary pressures along the year led to the unfulfillment of the inflation target established by the Banco de la República, with a rate of 5,7%, 1,2 percentage points greater than the maximum limit of the defined interval (3,5% – 4,5%). In this way, the need to reduce the inflation rate by the means of the rise in interest rates compromised the role of monetary and exchange rate policy and increased the instability of the exchange rate. In addition to this, the complex international context that typified the country's economy since mid 2007, as well as the risks derived from the political climate among Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador, will be the factors that characterize the economic perspectives for 2008.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its series Documentos de Coyuntura with number 002.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Postal: Apartado Aéreo 1226, Medellín - Colombia
Other versions of this item:
- Mesa Callejas, Ramon Javier & Restrepo O., Diana Constanza & Tobon Arias, Alexander, 2007. "Análisis del entorno nacional e internacional de la economía colombiana en 2007-2008: coyuntura y perspectivas," PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.