Strategic foreign exchange management
AbstractThis paper argues that it is possible to advise firms on how to hedge against foreign exchange risks only if one has detailed knowledge of the competitive environment they work in. To illustrate this, the authors compare firms' hedging requirements in a number of different standard industrial organizations models, in particular the Cournot model, a model with conjectural variations, price taking firms, and monopolistic competition. Copyright 1990 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 8905.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Sep 1989
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Industrial Economics, vol. 38 (4), June 1990, pp. 381-395
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
enterprises; risk; competition; monopolies; exchange rate;
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nucci, F. & Pozzolo, A.F., 1998.
"Investment and the Exchange Rate,"
344, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Dumas, Bernard & Marston, Richard C., 2000.
"Pass-through and Exposure,"
00-4, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Goswami, Gautam & Shrikhande, Milind M., 2001. "Economic exposure and debt financing choice," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 39-58, February.
- Marston, Richard C., 2001. "The effects of industry structure on economic exposure," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 149-164, April.
- Floden, Martin & Simbanegavi, Witness & Wilander, Fredrik, 2008. "When is a lower exchange rate pass-through associated with greater exchange rate exposure," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 124-139, February.
- Martin, Anna D. & Mauer, Laurence J., 2003. "Transaction versus economic exposure: which has greater cash flow consequences?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 437-449.
- Udo Broll & Jack E. Wahl & Christoph Wessel, 2011. "Export, Exchange Rate Risk and Hedging: The Duopoly Case," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 490-502, November.
- Bodnar, Gordan M. & Marston, Richard C., 2000. "A Simple Model of Foreign Exchange Exposure," Working Papers 00-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Günter Franke, 2004. "Präferenzfreie Strategien zum Absichern von Wechselkursrisiken," CoFE Discussion Paper 04-07, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E. & Wessel, Christoph, 2008. "Export production, hedging exchange rate risk: the duopoly case," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/08, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Martin, Anna D. & Mauer, Laurence J., 2004. "Scale economies in hedging foreign exchange cash flow exposures," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 17-27.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.