Formalizing Debt-led and Debt-burdened Growth Regimes with Endogenous Macrodynamics of Minskian Financial Structure: A Long-run Analysis
AbstractIn this paper, we formally derive a version of the Minskian taxonomy of the firms’ financial structure (hedge, speculative, and Ponzi types), under the economic growth context in the long run. As for the economic growth, we formalize the mechanism of debt-led (debt-burdened) growth where the economy expands as the debt variables increase (decrease). By explicitly introducing the relationship between the finance growth regime and Minskian taxonomy in a dynamic model, the model in this paper enables us to evaluate whether or not the economic growth regime is sounded in terms of the firms’ financial positions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University in its series Discussion papers with number e-10-016.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
Web page: http://www.econ.kyoto-u.ac.jp/projectcenter/
More information through EDIRC
Minskian financial structure; Economic growth; Post-Keynesian model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- O42 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Monetary Growth Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Claudio H. Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2008. "A Simplified, 'Benchmark', Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 441-478, 07.
- Sébastien Charles, 2008. "Corporate debt, variable retention rate and the appearance of financial fragility," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 781-795, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graduate School of Economics Project Center).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.