A Simplified, 'Benchmark', Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model
AbstractDespite being arguably one of the most active areas of research in heterodox macroeconomics, the study of the dynamic properties of stock-flow consistent (SFC) growth models of financially sophisticated economies is still in its first steps. This paper attempts to offer a contribution to this line of research by presenting a simplified SFC Post-Keynesian growth model with well-defined dynamic properties and using it to shed light on the merits and limitations of the current heterodox SFC literature. Copyright � 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation � 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Metroeconomica.
Volume (Year): 59 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0026-1386
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco, Passarella, 2011. "Systemic financial fragility and the monetary circuit: a stock-flow consistent approach," MPRA Paper 28498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen Kinsella & Antoine Godin & G. Tiou-Tagba Aliti, 2012. "Method to Simultaneously Determine Stock, Flow, and Parameter Values in Large Stock Flow Consistent Models," INET Research Notes 20, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET).
- Ryoo, Soon, 2010.
"Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 163-186, June.
- Soon Ryoo, 2009. "Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2009-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Peter Skott, 2008. "Growth, instability and cycles: Harrodian and Kaleckian models of accumulation and income distribution," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-12, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Peter Skott, 2008.
"Theoretical and empirical shortcomings of the Kaleckian investment function,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2008-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2009.
- Peter Skott, 2012. "Theoretical And Empirical Shortcomings Of The Kaleckian Investment Function," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 109-138, 02.
- Hiroshi Nishi, 2011. "Formalizing Debt-led and Debt-burdened Growth Regimes with Endogenous Macrodynamics of Minskian Financial Structure: A Long-run Analysis," Discussion papers e-10-016, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Greg Hannsgen, 2012. "Fiscal Policy, Unemployment Insurance, and Financial Crises in a Model of Growth and Distribution," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_723, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Passarella, Marco, 2011. "The two-price model revisited. A Minskian-Kaleckian reading of the process of 'financialization'," MPRA Paper 32033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco, Passarella, 2011.
"A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the 'New Capitalism',"
28499, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Passarella, Marco, 2012. "A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the ‘New Capitalism’," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 570-582.
- Dirk J. Bezemer, 2011. "Causes of Financial Instability: Don’t Forget Finance," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_665, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Passarella, Marco, 2011. "From the village fair to Wall Street. The Italian reception of Minsky’s economic thought," MPRA Paper 49593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Skott & Ben Zipperer, 2012.
"An empirical evaluation of three post-Keynesian models,"
European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention,
Edward Elgar, vol. 9(2), pages 277-307.
- Peter Skott, Ben Zipperer, 2010. "An empirical evaluation of three post Keynesian models," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2010-08, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.