Macroeconomic Analysis and Stabilization Policy
AbstractThe main focus of this book, first published in 1977, is the construction and analysis of an integrated macroeconomic model. In this exercise, four main aspects are stressed that has not previously received adequate textbook attention. The 'intrinsic dynamics' of the macroeconomic system are emphasized, as well as developments in inflation theory, particularly pertaining to the role of inflationary expectations. In addition, several chapters are devoted to the international aspects of macroeconomics, and their thorough coverage makes this book especially relevant to countries that are heavily dependant on international trade. Several aspects of stabilization policy are also discussed in detail, and an introduction to optimal stabilization theory is also provided. The book is appropriate to advanced undergraduate and postgraduate courses in macroeconomics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521291873 and published in 1977.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Паламарчук Е.С., 2013. "Оценка Риска В Линейных Экономических Системах При Отрицательных Временных Предпочтениях," Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ), Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 49(3), pages 99-116, Ð¸ÑÐ»Ñ.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1983.
"Covered Interest Parity, Uncovered Interest Parity and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 555-75, September.
- Jonathan Eaton & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1984. "Covered Interest Parity, Uncovered Interest Parity, and Exchange Rate Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2011.
"Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(309), pages 67-88, January.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve," Working Papers UWEC-2008-09-FC, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Kaskarelis, Ioannis A. & Varelas, Erotokritos G., 1996. "Permanent income and credit rationing in the open economy multiplier/accelerator model: An exercise for the developing countries case," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 531-549.
- Fontana, Olimpia & Godin, Antoine, 2013. "Securitization, housing market and banking sector behavior in a stock-flow consistent model," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Posada Posada, Carlos Esteban, 1985. "Tasa de interes e inflacion : una nota aclaratoria," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 17, pages 149-156.
- Juan Carlos Parra-Alvarez, 2013. "A comparison of numerical methods for the solution of continuous-time DSGE models," CREATES Research Papers 2013-39, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Ben Martin, 1999. "Caution and gradualism in monetary policy under uncertainty," Bank of England working papers 105, Bank of England.
- Eugenio Caverzasi & Antoine Godin, 2013. "Stock-flow Consistent Modeling through the Ages," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_745, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Fisher, Walter H., 1995. "The composition of government expenditure and its consequences for macroeconomic performance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 747-786, May.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2011. "On the role of small models in macrodynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1605-1613, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.