The relationship between income and housing deprivation in Luxembourg: a longitudinal analysis
AbstractThe relationship between income and housing deprivation in Luxembourg is analysed at both a cross-sectional and longitudinal level using data from the Panel Socio-Economique ?Liewen zu Lëtzebuerg? (PSELL3) for 2003 to 2009. Long-term housing deprivation is negatively associated with long-term income but this relationship is not confirmed when controlling for unobserved heterogeneity through fixed effect models. This finding suggests that housing deprivation is less affected by short variations in income than by measures of permanent income and that unobserved characteristics of households, such as their wealth or assets, may affect the relationship between long-term income and long-term deprivation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPS/INSTEAD in its series CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series with number 2012-10.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3, avenue de la Fonte, L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://www.ceps.lu
More information through EDIRC
income; housing deprivation; Luxembourg; panel data;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General Welfare
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, Tony & Cantillon, Bea & Marlier, Eric & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Social Indicators: The EU and Social Inclusion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199253494.
- Desai, Meghnad & Shah, Anup, 1988. "An Econometric Approach to the Measurement of Poverty," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 505-22, September.
- Sara Ayllón & Magda Mercader & Xavier Ramos, 2004. "Caracterización de la privación y de la pobreza en Catalunya," Working Papers wpdea0410, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2006-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayala, Luis & Navarro, Carolina, 2007. "The dynamics of housing deprivation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 72-97, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Begona Levices).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.