Rights-based strategies in the prevention of domestic violence
AbstractThis study is an attempt to broaden the discussion about the prevention of domestic violence against women informed by a rights-based strategy. Specifically, the study discusses the critical elements of a human rights framework to reduce domestic violence, present research findings on the prevalence and correlates of domestic violence in intimate relationships in Kerala, and explore strategies for the prevention of domestic violence on the basis of research and analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India in its series Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers with number 344.
Length: 91 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2003
Date of revision:
domestic violence; women; human rights; development; property ownership; Kerala;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- K0 - Law and Economics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2003-12-07 (Education)
- NEP-LAW-2003-12-07 (Law & Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rao, Vijayendra, 1997. "Wife-beating in rural South India: A qualitative and econometric analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1169-1180, April.
- Heise, Lori L. & Raikes, Alanagh & Watts, Charlotte H. & Zwi, Anthony B., 1994. "Violence against women: A neglected public health issue in less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1165-1179, November.
- Panda, Pradeep & Agarwal, Bina, 2005. "Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 823-850, May.
- Mridul Eapen, 2004. "Women and work mobility: Some disquieting evidences from the Indian data," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 358, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.