Labor Market and Regional Differences in Unemployment in Albania
AbstractThis paper deals with one important problem that all transition economies, Albania included, are facing in the way of transforming their economies towards market oriented one, i.e. unemployment and regional differences in it. As elsewhere in transition countries, in Albania unemployment displays a regional pattern. In the paper several questions are addressed as, which is the evolution of unemployment and long-term unemployment, which role does the geographical position of regions play in unemployment differentials, which role does sectoral specialization of regions play in unemployment differentials, which path has long-term unemployment followed in regional level?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Advanced Studies in its series East European Series with number 53.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1998
Date of revision:
Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- J58 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Public Policy
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klarita Gërxhani & Arthur Schram, 2004. "Albanian Political-Economics: Albanian Political-Economics: Consequences of a Clan Culture," Development and Comp Systems 0404009, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.