International remittances and development : existing evidence, policies and recommendations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL in its series INTAL Working Papers with number 1290.
Length: 37 p.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
REMESAS; MIGRACIONES INTERNACIONALES; COOPERACION PARA EL DESARROLLO; MIGRACIONES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaw Nyarko and Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 2011.
"Social Safety Nets: The Role of Education, Remittances and Migration,"
EUI-RSCAS Working Papers
26, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Yaw Nyarko & Kwabena Gyimah-Brempon, 2011. "Social Safety Nets: The Role of Education, Remittances and Migration," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/26, European University Institute.
- Macours, Karen & Vakis, Renos, 2008.
"Seasonal Migration and Early Childhood Development,"
Working Paper Series
RP2008/48, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Macours, Karen & Vakis, Renos, 2010. "Seasonal Migration and Early Childhood Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 857-869, June.
- Ann Vogel & Kim Korinek, 2012. "Passing by the Girls? Remittance Allocation for Educational Expenditures and Social Inequality in Nepal’s Households 2003–2004," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 61-100, 03.
- Krishnan Sharma, 2009. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Insecurity," Working Papers 78, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Balli, Faruk & Guven, Cahit & Balli, Hatice O. & Gounder, Rukmani, 2010. "The Role of Institutions, Culture, and Wellbeing in Explaining Bilateral Remittance Flows: Evidence Both Cross-Country and Individual-Level Analysis," MPRA Paper 29609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Lopez Cordova, Ernesto & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009.
"Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth : evidence from Mexico,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4983, The World Bank.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Córdova, Ernesto López & Pería, María Soledad Martínez & Woodruff, Christopher, 2011. "Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 229-241, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.